Re: Plan check submittals and shop drawings

You might send a copy of this question to:

steel-detail(--nospam--at)steel-link.com

The detailers ofter have this same complaint about engineers.  Perhaps they
can give you some pointers in dealing with it.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561

----------
> From: Harris3803(--nospam--at)aol.com
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Re: Plan check submittals and shop drawings
> Date: Sunday, October 11, 1998 9:38 PM
>
>      I recently had a steel fabricator ask me to draw shop drawings. I
usually
> am on the design side but the building was simple and he agreed to a good
fee.
> This is for a national retail chain that is easily recognizable. The plan
> was given had no structural engineer listed or stamps but the architects
> letterhead was from the midwest. The building was a square box of masonry
> walls and steel truss/ deck roof which was detailed by others. I only had
> detail the 10 col's and 5 wide flange beams and wall embeds. It seemed
very
> simple. I had assumed there were more drawings coming. After a dozen
RFI's (