Re: Trailer design

At 04:19 PM 10/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We have been approached by a local client who wants to manufacture
>utility trailers.  His insurance company wants an engineer to rate them.
> Is there any regulations or codes involving the design of trailers?  Any
>pitfall or traps to worry about?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike

i did trailers for auto tank automotive commmand in warren mich. and its a
science unto itself. the section winds up being a semi-monocoqe(sp) section
with (inadequate) columns at the corners. really aircraft design.....

i would suggest pleading with somebody like 'ulitity trailers' to provide
info.

regards wally
(Fifty-six) times have these eyes beheld the changing scene of autumn.
I have said enough about moonlight,
Ask no more.
Only listen to the voice of the (redwoods) when no (breeze) stirs.

Ryonen's death poem.

Please visit my web site at: http://www.McMillanEngineers.com