ROCK ANCHOR PROOF TESTING

		I am design a rock anchor foundation for a
telecommunications tower.  Is anyone familiar with proof testing of these
rods?  The anchors are about 11' deep into solid bedrock.

		My company has required a couple different ways of proof
testing these in the past.  One method is to grout the bottom 1/3 of the
hole and then pull with a third of the expected anchor tension.  The other
method is to grout the entire bar and then proof test it for combined
stresses (bending and tension).

		If anyone has some "standard practice" knowledge or reading
resources, I would appreciate it.

		Thanks,
		Shawn

		Shawn Wicks Freilinger
		Valmont/Microflect
		Shawn(--nospam--at)valmont.com <mailto:Shawn(--nospam--at)valmont.com>
		(503) 315-4515