From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 1998 1:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Duplication of others work.

Bill Polhemus wrote:

. > Yes, they are requiring it.
. >
. > We are putting it on the plans now.  The universal copyright symbol with
. > the year the drawing is produced, is placed next to the TxDOT logo on
the
. > drawing title block.  Also, under the logo and the words "Texas
. > Department of Transportation," the words "all rights reserved" appear.
. >

Hm-m-m-m.  Texas DOT is making you transfer *ownership* of the drawings to
them?  That means, IMO, that they can reuse any of *your* drawings or
details
without consulting you.

I guess the person with the biggest hammer wins.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona