Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Duplication of others work.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Duplication of others work.
- From: Kenneth Tarlow <ktarlow(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:40:25 -0700 (PDT)
Dear John, I have been in this business since 1976. I have seen details and notes similar to the notes that I use many times on other drawings. I can't say that I invented the details since I learned to detail from the structural engineers I learned from In the last year I have been providing PML studies to my clients. Since my studies are now excepted by many financial instututions, a prominent Orange County Engineer decided to use my format, including typos on several reports. I confronted the engineer and asked him to stop. He offered to pay me the fees he had accepted for the work since PML studies were not really part of his business. Before I had discoverd his indescretion I considered this guy a friend. He asked me how I performed the studies what procedure I used and etc. I helped everyway I could. I showed him how to get the site information and etc.. When we met, He thought I was angry that he had taken business from me. He didn't understand. It took me months to develop the format. The format reflects my ideas, my additudes. It apparently happens all the time. Its sad that we can't trust one another. Ken Tarlow _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
- Prev by Subject: RE: Duplication of others work.
- Next by Subject: RE: Duplication of others work.
- Previous by thread: RE: Duplication of others work.
- Next by thread: Re: Duplication of others work.