Re: Vapor Barrier

For what it's worth!  I have always called for three inches of sand over the
barrier.  Contractors who had to audacity to tell me I had made a mistake and
then tell me "I've never had to do that!" got the typical response from me:  1)
I would explain that the sand absorbed the water migrating from the concrete so
it cured from top and bottom; and 2) now you can no longer tell anyone that you
have never had to do that before!

It is surprising that when it is explained in reasonable terms, the contractors
are much more receptive to doing the work.