Re: Two way slab designed as one way

This will work, because this is a totally different structure compared
to a two-way slab. There is no continuity in long direction. No negative
moment reinforcement required in long direction.  However, while
designing the precast strip for flexure, make sure it has enough
rigidity to limit deflection. The topping on the precast strips is
flexible and will deform to conform to the performance of the strips
beneath it. Thus, if deflection is not controlled, the topping may
suffer unsightly cracks.

I don't understand what you mean by "slab with steel decking"?

Rajendran