RE: Vapor Barrier

Title: RE: Vapor Barrier

I think that about sums up everything I ever heard to use the ol' 6mil visqueen for . . .
And while we're here, is it barrier or retarder?  Po-tay-to / po-taht-o :-)
I personally have a pet peeve and have seen a change order granted to a GC where the details call it barrier, but the Masterspec section calls it retarder.

We have always used 2" of clean sand dampened before the pour.  Does the benefit of more sand justify the cost?