RE: Vapor Barriers

"the vapor barrier is just intended just stop upward vapor transmission.
That is why I think it may be OK to punch holes in the vapor barrier"

Huh!  I don't get it, y'all!  Why bother to put down a visqueen barrier
if you intend to poke holes in it?  If you had a boat, would you
purposely poke holes in the hull?  Since the purpose of the visqueen is
to keep moisture out of the floor, whether liquid or vapor, any
penetrations are detrimental.  Besides, the contractor will usually find
creative ways (rebar, crushed stone) to puncture the visqueen without
any help from the engineer!

Stan R. Caldwell
Dumb in Dallas

Deja Moo:   The feeling that