Re: Duplication of others work.

I've been following this thread with a great deal of interest.  I believe
the "standard details" were developed before any of us was born.

My work is in heavy industry.  I have worked with, or have some details
from:  Bechtel, The Southern Company, Commonwealth Associates, Ford, Bacon
& Davis, Chas T. Main, Rust, Kellogg,  Daniel Engineering, Walk Haydel,
etc.

Their details and general notes are so similar you can't tell which is
which -- "Who's on first..."?

'Truth is, details and notes travel from company to company with engineers
as they move.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561