RE: Piles

Liquefaction occurs when  a soil deposit, typically a saturated fine-grained
sand originally deposited in a loose condition, rearranges itself into a
denser condition due to a disturbance such as an earthquake.  A drastic
example of this is the Turnagain district of Anchorage, AK, which suffered
feet of settlement in the 1964 quake.

Typical relationships I have seen reported between total and differential
settlements are that differential is ½ to ¾ of total settlement.  The
Geotech for this project should be able to give more specific info.