Windows 98

I am thinking about buying a new IBM compatible computer running @ 300mH,
loaded with Windows 98. (Standard stuff).

My question is: can I add to the basic Windows 98 setup "coming with a
machine" all previos versions of Windows, Windows 95 as well as Windows 3.1
and run whichever version I choose to run?  Also, since I have quite a few
programs running under DOS and I would like to continue using them, will the
STANDARD Windows 98 loaded machine allow me to run the DOS programs as well???

The second question is: what are the REAL advantages and disadvantages of
running Windows 98 (other than putting some change into the pockets of the
biggest money hungry anti-visionary that this century has created)?