Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Windows 98[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Windows 98
- From: Steve Privett <eqretrodr(--nospam--at)Earthlink.net>
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:54:19 -0700
Karen Multiple operating systems can be installed on your new machine. However, if the machine is coming with W98 already installed, and they formated your entire hard drive as a FAT32 drive, you will have to reformat your HD. Windows (3.1 & 3.11 etc) uses a FAT16 system and cannot read a FAT32 format. Depending on your comfort level with stripping your hard drive and reformating, then reinstalling everything, will probably be the determining factor. Running your old software on W98... some will and some won't. I'm no expert here as I run NT and have to deal with the fact that some W95/98 programs won't even run on NT. If you are buying the machine from someone you can work with, tell them your intentions and they can probably make the necessary changes for you. Steve P.
- Windows 98
- From: Karen12959
- Windows 98
- Prev by Subject: Windows 98
- Next by Subject: RE: Windows 98
- Previous by thread: Windows 98
- Next by thread: RE: Windows 98