Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Blast Pressure[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Blast Pressure
- From: RoyLevy(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 19:57:41 EDT
The 47 sec. blast pressure pulse should be treated as a dynamic problem that depends upon the shape of the pulse. The dynamic analysis problem could be simplified to some extent if your sponsor could provide you with the shock spectra for the pulse. The load factor on your 533 psi will be greater than one, and in the limit, could theoretically be as high as 2.0. If you do not want to go into the dynamic analysis, which could become moderately lengthy, use the shock spectra ( you will have to have some idea of the natural frequency of at least the first mode of the tower) or else be ultra-conservative and design for an equivalent static blast load of 2*533 psi.
- Prev by Subject: Blast Pressure
- Next by Subject: Re: Blast Pressure
- Previous by thread: Re: Blast Pressure
- Next by thread: Re: Blast Pressure