From: Karen12959(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Karen12959(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 1998 6:40 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: New Win 98 Questions

re:  Windows 98-questions:

Thank you VERY much for your help. You are an amazing bunch of guys who know
a lot not only about structural engineering but also about computers. It
looks
that your responses made me decide to get a Windows 98 machine with some
modifications (additional software that chooses the OS I wish to run and
maybe
more).

I have two more questions:

Question One: If I choose to execute DOS software that requires minimum of
600KB of FREE conventional memory under DOS (600KB Largest Executable
Program
Size, LEPS), will Win'98 let me do it?  Probably anyone running Win 98
machine
can easily check it.

If, it turns out that, standard LEPS under Win 98 is less than 600KB, can I
increase it to a minimum of 600, or what has to be done to run such program
under DOS. (One particular program that I use often is not designed to take
advantage of expanded/extended memory).

Question Two:  If Question One is answered in a satisfactory way, what
utility
programs shall I install on the computer to have the best possible control
of
the machine. Please keep in mind that the cost of such utilities has to be
reasonable because I am not a mistress of Bill Gate$. I will listen very
carefully what you have to say on the subject.

Thank you for your kind future responses.