Re: Fall Protection

A couple years ago, I reviewed OSHA chapters relating to the issue.  I
don't recall any reference to increasing the allowable stresses for the
stated load condition.  However, whether there is any code provision or
not, I will not use a higher allowable stress.  The fall protection
system provides a "safety net" to an individual. Therefore, I would
prefer to design it as conservatively as it is reasonable.

Rajendran