Remuneration for Structural Engineers

I am sure that the formula is not valid for the full working life for an
individual.  For example, is the formula, "2 to 3 times the age"
applicable for a person 45 years old or 55 years old?

Anyway, what I am reading here is hard to believe, because of what I see
in job ads in leading technical journals such as ENR, ASCE etc.  Very
often I find myself appalled at the low salary that is offered for one
with 10 years experience calling for whole gamut of job requirements.

Rajendran