From: P.Rajendran [mailto:rajendra(--nospam--at)edumaster.net]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 1998 7:07 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Remuneration for Structural Engineers

I am sure that the formula is not valid for the full working life for an
individual.  For example, is the formula, "2 to 3 times the age"
applicable for a person 45 years old or 55 years old?

Anyway, what I am reading here is hard to believe, because of what I see
in job ads in leading technical journals such as ENR, ASCE etc.  Very
often I find myself appalled at the low salary that is offered for one
with 10 years experience calling for whole gamut of job requirements.

Rajendran

Caldwell, Stan wrote:
> In my honest opinion, $70,000 is somewhat low for an experienced and
> licensed structural engineer.  At least, for anyone over the age of
35.
> The majority of engineers that I know all make at least twice their
age,
> and many make closer to three times their age.  Of course, my
experience