Re: Fault Maps - Santa Barbara & San Luis Counties

Lynn, here are some sites:

http://www.scec.org
http://www.scecdc.scec.org/clickmap.html
http://www.scecdc.scec.org/faultmap.html
http://geology.usgs.gov/quake.html

You may also find the website for the Frankel's Colorado Project of interest:
geohazards.cr.usgs.org/eq/index.html

Hope it helps,
ed gonzalez

>>> Lynn <lhoward(--nospam--at)silcom.com> 10/16/98 07:19AM >>>
I have been able to find maps on the internet for location known active faults
for some areas of California, but not Santa Barbara and San Luis Counties.  We
have a book with a hard copy of the near source fault zones, that is not what I
am looking for.
I have found several maps with the locations of actual earthquakes in our area,
but again that is not what I am looking for.

I would like an electronic map of all known active or potentially active
earthquake faults in the Santa Barbara/San Luis Counties.  If anyone knows
where
I can find these maps I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Lynn