RE: Fw: Vapor Barrier

When I built my house 5 years ago, I put a 4" slab with 6x6 1.4 WWF
directly on 6 mil Poly.  The contractor put a curing compound on it but
over the next 2 weeks I wet cured it with a hose as much as I could, which
was a fair amount.  I saw no noticeable curl or cracks due to curl up to
the time I put on the floor covering and I still haven't seen any curl at
the door openings.  I live in a VERY dry climate and this was done in July.
 I've always been a believer in a vapor barrier, and it seems that good
curing has got to be easier than messing with sand on plastic. Do they
REALLY get it compacted?
JDC