RE: Annual SEAoT State Conference

From:	Caldwell, Stan [SMTP:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent:	Thursday, October 15, 1998 11:34 AM
To:	'SEAint Listserv'
Subject:	Annual SEAoT State Conference

The Annual State Conference of SEAoT will be held next week in Houston, Texas.  The deadline for early registration is today (10/15/98).  You can register by fax at (713) 780-3712.  If you have any questions, call Bill Jumper at (713) 780-3345.  See y'all there!   ....... Stan Caldwell

[Bill Polhemus]

Stan:

Really wish I'd been informed sooner.  I have pressing engagements.

Also, I'm curious as to why such emphasis on seismic design.  I realize that many Texas strucs probably do work in other states, but I'd think we'd want more emphasis on wind design.

I attended a short-course last year sponsored by ASCE on the ASCE 7-95 standard.  A guy from A&M and a guy from Tech team-taught, and it was very enlightening.  So much in wind engineering being done in TX, and it is very apropos to what we have to deal with here (hurricanes and tornadoes).

Anyway, if I can ever get buns in gear, I will try and be more of a force in SEAoT.  Hey, I guess I could at least JOIN...!

<<application/ms-tnef>>