Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Crane rails crossing expansion joints[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Crane rails crossing expansion joints
- From: "Horning, Dick/CVO" <dhorning(--nospam--at)CH2M.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:39:56 -0600
If possible, I would avoid using the expansion joint, especially in a seismically active area. -----Original Message----- From: WILLIAM R. KEEN [SMTP:wrk(--nospam--at)clarknexsen.com] Sent: Friday, October 16, 1998 6:04 AM To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org Subject: Crane rails crossing expansion joints Does anyone have any experience with overhead cranes in industrial facilities where the runway beams & rails cross a building expansion joint? How do you provide continuity of the rail, yet allow the joint to open and close? Low friction clips?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Crane rails crossing expansion joints
- Next by Subject: Cranes and earthquake loads
- Previous by thread: Fault Maps - Santa Barbara & San Luis Counties
- Next by thread: John Shipp's Message to SEAOC members