Re: New Win 98 Questions

Bill Allen, S.E. wrote:

> I would agree about waiting for the Plug 'n Pray features of NT 5.
>
> I would recommend NOT getting an upgrade version. If your system crashes to
> the point where you have to reformat your HDD, you have to install the old
> OS then the upgrade.

Most upgrades now are complete versions.  you are just getting a price
break as a registered user.  The exception is a software patch that you
download from a site.  But I just recently bought a complete new version of
a piece of software and still had to download a patch from their site... so
staying away from an upgrade doesn't solve that problem.

> I don't know nuthin' 'bout NT, but, I would suspect you WOULD have to
> reformat a HDD with Fat32 since NT (including 5.0) does not recognize a 32
> bit file system.

It's not the NT doesn't recognize it... It just doesn't create a FAT32.
FAT32, as Win95/98 is only a stepping stone created by MS.