From: Steve Privett [mailto:eqretrodr(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 1998 12:11 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: New Win 98 Questions

Bill Allen, S.E. wrote:

> I would agree about waiting for the Plug 'n Pray features of NT 5.
>
> I would recommend NOT getting an upgrade version. If your system crashes
> the point where you have to reformat your HDD, you have to install the old
> OS then the upgrade.

Most upgrades now are complete versions.  you are just getting a price
break as a registered user.  The exception is a software patch that you
download from a site.  But I just recently bought a complete new version of
a piece of software and still had to download a patch from their site... so
staying away from an upgrade doesn't solve that problem.