Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
New Win 98 Questions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: New Win 98 Questions
- From: "Roger Davis" <sds(--nospam--at)sdsarch.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:37:55 -0500
Steve Privett wrote: I agree with this one... Win98 is the last of its kind.. NT5.0 is due for release next year and it will be the only OS of MS. It's very stable, but there are some programs that don't run on it. I've not found any structural or office type programs that I have problems with, but there are some games (who puts games on their computers ...) and some educational software for kids. NT4.0 also doesn't have the plug and play for all hardware upgrades, but that hasn't been a problem. You just have to read and perform the proper setup. I have had problems using NT4.0 with some old DOS programs from Eagle Point in that the graphics would not print. The computer would lock up if I attempted to print them. I have also had problems with a Windows based program distributed by Louisiana-Pacific. That program is for plywood webbed I-joists and some of their other products. Both companies are aware of the problems. Roger Davis Architect SDS Architects, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: RE: New Win 98 Questions
- Next by Subject: Re: New Win 98 Questions
- Previous by thread: Re: New Win 98 Questions
- Next by thread: RE: New Win 98 Questions