Re: New Win 98 Questions

Bill Allen, S.E. wrote:
<SNIP>

> Again, you are welcome to believe what you want and to promote what you
> want. I just offered my opinion based on my experiences.

Bill,

You are right that some upgrades will ASK for a qualifying disk.  MS Office
is a good example.  But I've never had to INSTALL the earlier version...
Just insert the qualifying disk, it's read to verify what it is, then I was
told to insert the appropriate disk for the upgraded version.  This is also
confirmed with the idea that MS Office was allowing Lotus123 or QuatroPro
or a WordPerfect product to qualify you for a "competive upgrade"  They
just want to verify you qualify for the price.

I'm sorry if my prior postings appeared I was conveying inaccurate
information.

Steve P