RE: Lightweight backfill

Greg,

No one has mentioned my favorite product.  Elastizell; a light weight
concrete like product specifically used for geotechnical fill and roof
topping.  Check it out at http://www.elastizell.com/.  Elastizell has a
minimum density of 20 pcf.  The web site has information relating crushing
strength to density.

Regards,
Harold Sprague, P.E.
The Neenan Company