Re: Mexican Seismic Zonation

Tom,

Check if SMIS (Sociedad Mexicana de Ingenieria Sismica) or SMIE (Sociedad
Mexicana de Ingenieros Estructural) have a web site.  They participated in the
1992 SEAOC Convention when it was held in Ixtapa, Mexico.

Also, you may want to check out Mario Paz's book, " International Handbook of
Earthquake Engineering - Codes, Programs, and Examples", Chapman & Hall, ITP
publishers, 1994/96??.  He covers 32 Countries, including Algeria, Bulgaria,
Greece, Italy, . . . Mexico ( Chapter 25, pg 342), . . . .      I saw it at the
library in Cal State Univ. of Northrige.

Hope this helps some,
ed gonzalez

>>> <tbenson(--nospam--at)lowney.com> 10/19/98 10:12AM >>>

Are there seismic zones established for Mexico, similar to UBC?  If so, where
can I get a copy of this zonation/code?  I am particularly interested in
Puebla.
 I guess this puts "int" into SEA.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Tom Benson at Lowney Associates