Re: Ocean transport

Karen's response is a good one.  In addition: fatigue damage is one
other item that is usually checked during design of tie-downs for
"platforms" for  long voyages (such as from Japan to California.)
Also, naval architects and oceanographers are usually involved in
such projects, to help generate design winds, sea states, and vessel
motions.

Dave Evans,P.E.
TNH, Inc.