Re: Concrete aggregate

There is a wealth of information on types of aggregates and its effect on
concrete's performance in a book by John C. Ropke, Concrete Problems  Causes
and Cures.  It provides information A to Z on concrete problems.  I hope it
helps you.

Shashi Bhakta
CLA - SGED

>>> Blake Haley <blakeh(--nospam--at)weainc.com> 10/21/98 07:40AM >>>
What is the basic diffence between using different size aggregates for
concrete mixes?  And how can this be quantified?  Let's say that we are
talking about 1-1/2", 3/4", and 3/8" chip mix designs.

Thanks,
Blake Haley P.E.
White Engineering Associates, Inc.
Oklahoma City, OK