RE: Concrete aggregate

Three off the top of my head:  Larger aggregates need less cement per C.Y.
and result in less shrinkage, but require more clearance between rebars  and
between bars and forms.  If you need 5 sacks with 1-1/2" aggregate, the
corresponding mix for ¾" aggregate might be 6 sacks.  3/8" size would not
normally be used for general purpose concrete.