From: Rick.Drake(--nospam--at)fluordaniel.com [mailto:Rick.Drake(--nospam--at)fluordaniel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 1998 6:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Pretensioning Of Anchor Bolts

     The Commentary to the LRFD Specification Section A4.3 indicates that
     "The designer should be aware that pretensioning anchor bolts is not
     recommended due to relaxation and stress corrosion after
     pretensioning."

     Does anybody have any background or references regarding this
     recommendation.

     Thanx,

     Rick Drake, SE
     Fluor Daniel, Irvine