Re: Mistreatment of Seismology Issues

To Bill Polhemus:

What Bill Allen expressed was not "an opinion". It was a display of misplaced
arrogance or misplaced "cuteness" about the subject every structural engineer
should be very much concerned. In addition, if a comment on any subject is not
factual (positive or negative), it is not an opinion. It's a waste of
somebody's time, to say the least.

As far as your advise "Get some perspective" is concerned, my comment is as
follows:

After you go through an experience of surviving the earthquake magnitude
(only) 6.7 (Northridge) about one mile from its epicenter, you'll get a
different perspective about this issue than you now have (if you are still
alive). I think that in case of "seismic events issues", the expression "Get
some perspective" applies more to you than to me.

Sincerely,