From: Barry H. Welliver [mailto:wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 1998 2:37 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: New Win 98 Questions

Funnier still is the fact that MS decided early on to bail on IBM in the
development of OS/2. Gee I guess they wanted to get everyone on their
upgrade path by making it difficult for others to keep supporting legacy
software.

Barry H. Welliver

Bill Polhemus wrote:

> Gee, this is SUCH a familiar spiel!  Where have I heard it before?
>
> Oh, yes, this was the VERY SAME FEATURE touted by OS/2 when I began using
it in 1993!

> Yet, I'll bet many of you thought this was an "exclusive feature" of
Windows NT.  Goes to illustrate: MS is HARDLY the innovator of technology
that people claim.  Most of the time, they simply borrow ideas from others,
then market them harder than anyone else.