RE: french spoken mailing list

Mr. Lema - you are not responsible for the comments of others nor did you start this. Your question was valid and in keeping with the etiquet of this list. I could not translate Mr. Diez comments, but was informed in private what the "jist" was. I abhore this kind of racist rhetoric. Fortunately, our list is not subjected to "Constitutional rights" since this is the Internet and our Constitutional rights do not extend beyond the national boundrys of the United States. However, we do have a democracy where the majority rules on this site - and if the majority who vote elect to take Mr. Diez off the list, then so be it. My personal opinions about constitutional freedoms are strained when posed with the idea of defending hatred. I think this is one are where I tend to be a hipocrate inasmuch as I don't believe that actions based upon hatred deserve a second chance.

[Dennis S. Wish PE]

 -----Original Message-----
From: rodrigo lema [mailto:rodrigolema(--nospam--at)softhome.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 1998 7:07 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

    I must say I´m kind of scared of the things that happened after I posted my request in the first place.  In no way I agree with Mr. Jose Diez, as you can guess, but I´m sorry if an inoccent question arose such mean expressions and feelings from someone who I don´t know but I´m sure must not have thought what he said in his mails.
    That´s all.