Re: FEMA 310 - Handbook for the Seismic Evaluation of Buildings - A Prestandard.

Frank-
Obviously something is wrong here.  Before the "prestandard" is made a
"standard" further review should be made to weed out some of these
problems.  We have used FEMA 310 in the recent past as a guideline for
evaluation of structures.  Using engineering judgment along with the
guidelines is very important.  There are other issues, particularly with
wood framed structures, that appear to be overly conservative for
life-safety level of performance.

Lynn