RE: Steel section properties

	[Mike Ritter]
	Robert,

	I looked in the AISC 3rd Edition, 3rd printing, 1939.  Looks
like the beam may be an American Standard shape (as opposed to WF,
Junior beam, etc.)  There is a 24x7 @ 100 plf which has a flange width
of 7.247", flange thickness of 7/8", and depth of 24.00".  There is also
a 24x7 7/8 @ 105.9 plf which has a flange width of 7.875", flange
thickness of 1 1/8", and a depth of 24.00".  I would probably opt for
the first one.

	As for the column, all the 8" x 8" WF sections appear to have a
thicker flange than what you measured.  I found a "light column" shape
which has a flange thickness of 7/16".

	I will fax the applicable pages to you at the number given in
your original e-mail.

	Hope that helped,

	Mike Ritter, PE