From: Randy Russ [mailto:rruss(--nospam--at)eatel.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 1998 5:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Gas Tight Seal

The deck will be cast against the wall as a cold joint (i.e. simply
connected). I have a good coating system for the new concrete, I am
concerned about gas escaping through the cold joint. The digester does
produce gases and therefore a pressure differential across the joint. The
purpose of the seal is for odor control.

I am considering notching the top of the existing concrete wall and
applying a flexible sealant. I am searching for a product or products to
use.

Randy Russ, P.E.