Re: Mistreatment of Seismology Issues

I agree with Gillham.
To say that a specific structure can withstand an earthquake with a
specific Richter magnitude, the location (including soil characteristics),
and characterisitcs of both building and earthquake must be clearly
specified. Design earthquake should be simulated by an expert and used to
excite the building using time history analysis.

A.M.Zaki