Web-Buckling of Concrete

Dear Structural Engineers:

I am investigating using a slab-on-grade to transfer
seismic shear.  The segement in question is 32' long
and would transfer 15 klf from one grade beam to
another which is 20' over.  My questions are:

1.  Is there a limitation to the depth-to-thickness ratio
beyond which the shear strength calculated using ACI
318-95 section 21.6.5 cannot be achieved because of
web buckling?  This would be analogous to AISC LRFD
(1st Edition) section F2.2, which gives reduced shear
capacities for very slender webs.

2.  If buckling were allowed to occur, could the ACI values
be achieved by activating the diagonal tension field?
This would be analogous to AISC LRFD Appendix G.

I would appreciate references and opinions on this subject.

Thank you,

Rafael Sabelli