Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
concrete shearwall "Shafts"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: concrete shearwall "Shafts"
- From: Tim Terich <tterich(--nospam--at)centurywest.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:25:11 -0700
1997 UBC questions, does the code allow the use of stairway and/or elevator shafts (or cores) areas as complete lateral force resisting elements? Section 1918.104.22.168 seems to prevent using "boxes" as lateral resisting elements, due to effective flange limitations. I would think that a "box" section would behave as a box, not a collection of walls with limited boundary flanges. if anyone has any experience, or different interpretations of this section, please let me know. thanks, Tim _________________________ Tim Terich Century West Engineering Corp. 825 NE Multnomah, Suite 425 Portland, OR 97232 v(503) 231-6078 f(503) 231-6482
- Prev by Subject: Re: Concrete Reference Books
- Next by Subject: Fw: concrete shearwall "Shafts"
- Previous by thread: Re: Warping Constant
- Next by thread: Fw: concrete shearwall "Shafts"