Re: The Problem with Microsoft

In buying an automobile you have a flood of alternatives.  You can ask
the dealer to replace an installed stereo system with something else of
your choice. One auto dealer's package does not stifle another dealer.
But in the case of MS, Gates' actions, if unchecked, would lead to
monopoly and, if monopoly gets established you can imagine what will
happen to the consumers.

One should, however, note that in business there are no saints.  A
person gets into business only to make money and more and more of it.
Nothing wrong with that.  But what is wrong is the absence of morality
and fairness in many of the means used to attain the objective.
Unfortunately our society does not appear to care for the need for
fairness and morality in the means to acieve a desirable goal.

Rajendran.