From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 1998 12:41 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: windows (several) v.s. linux

According to my son, who is a practicing mechanical engineer
specializing in the large-scale finite element analysis of weird stuff,
Linux will replace all versions of Windows within the next 6 to 8 years.
The current holdups include Linux compatible applications, more drivers,
and further refinement of  the GUI.  Supposedly, there are several
versions that already have an interface similar to Win 3.X.  There is a
wealth of information available on the web, but don't bother looking for
any of it on Microsoft's website.  Linux is a bigger threat to their
future than the Department of Justice!

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas