Re: CMU Lintels

I think it's a valid approach UNTIL someone adds an opening above the garage
door opening, or makes a similar modification.  How much more steel and grout
would it be to use only the first several courses above the opening, providing
a solid-grouted area that everyone knows is structural (when they try to add
an opening)?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA