Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Openings in Roof Diaphragm[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Openings in Roof Diaphragm
- From: JAKABY(--nospam--at)AOL.COM
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 16:23:17 EDT
Kipp: The APA (American Plywood Association) Research Report 138 by Tissell & Elliot does provide an example of a wood diaphragm with openings. Also check ATC-7 Guidelines for The Design of Horizontal Wood Diaphragms for discussion and example. Although, they are limited to wood, the concept is the same as far as the analysis goes. The diaphragm is analized as a vierendeel truss with inflection points at the midlength of the web chords. I hope this helps. Sincerely, Tom Jakaby, SE
- Prev by Subject: Openings in Roof Diaphragm
- Next by Subject: OSHA
- Previous by thread: Openings in Roof Diaphragm
- Next by thread: Complaint about Jose Diez, P.E.