RE: RE: Foro en espaņol

From:	Jose Diez [SMTP:josediezpe(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent:	Saturday, October 24, 1998 5:57 PM
To:	seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject:	RE: RE: Foro en español

It is true that I do not know much of Constitutional law. I am not a
lawyer.

[Bill Polhemus]

In this country, the U.S.A., it is not necessary to be a lawyer in order for their to be a reason to know something of the constitution.  Since the powers defined in the constitution, enumerated or not, derive from the people (and not simply those persons licensed to practice law), this is reason enough.

As I said earlier, that's not to say that the people of this nation are uniformly schooled in the Constitution--alarmingly, they are not.  But it is to say that there is a reason to be.  The only way that tyranny can triumph in a system such as ours is through the tacit "consent of the governed," which is, sadly, the way it looks to me that we are headed.

<<application/ms-tnef>>