Re: Mistreatment of Seismology Issues

To Ken Tarlow:

The last paragraph of your message of 98-10-26 states:

"Structural Engineers still design with forces. We apply a spectrum of
accelerations to our models to derive different forces but we are still using
forces".

My response:  In three postings of mine regarding seismicity issues in
California it was never even insinuated to ABANDON the use of forces in
structural design calculations. What was questioned was the improper basis
these forces are established and their resulting magnitudes (magnitudes of
forces).