Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Warping Constant[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Warping Constant
- From: Allen Adams <aadams(--nospam--at)ramint.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:53:12 -0800
Cw for a single angle is: ((Vleg - 0.5tf)^3 + (Hleg - 0.5tf)^3) * tf^3 / 36 Cw for a double angle is 2 times that value. Allen Adams RAM International At 12:00 AM 10/24/98 -0700, you wrote: > > >From: "DAVID N. MARTIN, P.E" <dnmme6622(--nospam--at)mail.lamere.net> >To: Seaoc <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org> >Subject: Warping Constant > >Can anyone tell me or direct me to a reference so I may calculate the >warping constant (Cw) for double angles. I am trying to verify some >computer results, for LRFD specification. I can duplicate the values >tabulated in LRFD 1st edition, but not the second edition. For some >reason the values are differant for short members. This occurs where >flexural torsional buckling is checked. >
- Prev by Subject: Warping Constant
- Next by Subject: Water Retaining Concrete
- Previous by thread: Warping Constant
- Next by thread: concrete shearwall "Shafts"