Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Lateral Pressure[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Lateral Pressure
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: 27 Oct 98 20:56:59 -0500
ACI 347 gives formulas for lateral pressure on formwork, depending upon rate of placement and based on a set of assumed parameters. As a maximum, the equivalent fluid pressure (EFP) need not exceed 150 pcf. For mixes outside the given parameters, the wet unit weight is to be used as the EFP. Thus regardless of the fluidity of the mix, it appears that 150 pcf EFP can conservatively be used for normal weight concrete.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Lateral Pressure
- Next by Subject: Re: Lateral Pressure
- Previous by thread: RE: Lateral Pressure
- Next by thread: Re: Lateral Pressure