RE: Question regarding Railroad Bridge Design

Yes, the major rail carriers (UPRR and BNSF) will review design and
construction of any bridge before they will operate on the track.
Therefore, it is best to get them involved early so that there will not be
problems at the end.  They typically assign an engineer from the bridge
section to provide review and feedback during design and construction.  They
will also provide a final inspection before they operate on the tracks.